[cvsnt] CVSNT slow response with multiple users

jvn76 Van Norman jvn76 at msn.com
Thu Jan 31 16:42:30 GMT 2008

Thank you for your responses.

Connecting to the lock service and performing the Monitor – Locks reveals
that during these slow times there are multiple locks, and that those locks
are holding onto the same files for a long period of time.  Some of the
locks have lasted over 1 ½ hours.

Can CVS operate without the Lock Service?  If it can, what are the
ramifications of this?

Our security team does not want us even testing with Antivirus fully removed
from the server.  What antivirus software interferes with CVSNT the least?

Thank you,

John