[cvsnt] import statement just hangs

siegfried siegfried at heintze.com
Sat Jun 7 19:27:56 BST 2008

Well shucks!

How do make other machines' directory structure match the original machine?
For example, in the beginning (when importing . used to work) I did this:

C:
cd \
mkdir business
cd business
cvs import -Cdn business root
vi stuff
cvs add stuff

Then on the original machine, the path was business/stuff but on the other
machines, it was business/business/stuff. I did not like the extra layer of
directories!

So I learned some time ago (it has been a while) to do

C:
cd \
mkdir business
cd business
cvs import -Cd . root trunk

And that fixed the problem! On all machines it would be the same path!

Can I still do that?

I hope so!
How do I do it?

I just upgraded and it still hangs. The mystery is: why did it used to work
and suddenly stop working when I did not perform any upgrade?

Thanks!
Siegfried

Tony Hoyle