[cvsnt] 2.5.04.3055: des crypt broken

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz arekm at maven.pl
Mon Jun 16 22:40:18 BST 2008

On Monday 16 June 2008, Arthur Barrett wrote:
> Arkadiusz Miskiewicz,
>
> > Replacing custom implementation
> > of crypt handling with system one
>
> That obviously only works when the platform you are building on has a
> "system one" which many don't (eg: windows, os400 ...).

Well, current code uses custom one everyhone, even there where this is no need
for that and custom crypt code is potentialy less optimized.

> Is this problem recently introduced?  Does it occur in the stable
> 2.5.03.2382?

Don't know. Never used cvsnt before. Migrated from cvs 1.12.

> What error/problem do you see/experience without this patch?

server logs message that the password is wrong. Can't cite it exactly here
since I saw it being passed to syslog when I was stracing cvsnt.

> Can anyone else reproduce this on 2.5.04 or 2.5.03?
>
> > http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/SOURCES/cvsnt-crypt.patch
> > fixed the problem.
>
> Thanks - please provide a context diff if you can (cvs diff -c).

This patch is just to show how I changed the code. It's not suitable for
merging or anything like that (bigger change would be required here like
wiping out entire crypt part if system crypt() is found and capable).

> Also
> cvsnt-dev is the 'best place' for submitting patches.

http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/BugReporting and
http://customer.march-hare.com/webtools/bugzilla/ttquery.cgi?GoAheadAndLogIn=1&ttLogIn=1
told me to post to cvsnt at . Well...

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz        PLD/Linux Team