[cvsnt] shared subprojects

Andreas Tscharner starfire at sunrise.ch
Mon Jun 23 18:35:51 BST 2008

Elim Qiu wrote:
> Sorry ask basic questions.
> Let's say I have projects A and B, and project C is a subproject of both A
> and B.
> Is there a way to put them in the repository so that
> (1) check out A will also check out C inside of A
> (2) ci changes of A will ci changes in C (if there are changes in C)
> (3) from within either A or B, any changes of C can be picked up no matter
> from where the changes of C is commited.
>
> Some times I can avoid such issue by modify C so that it becomes a framework
> or package. But some times I don't have clear idea to handle the project
> layout issues.
>
> Thanks for any inputs

Thatś possible using so called ampersand modules. Make sure your
projects A, B and C are CVS modules. Then project C will be checked out
with project A if you put the following line into your CVSROOT/modules file:

A     A &C

and similar for B and C

B     B &C

In these cases the modules A and B will checkout module C as a subdirectory.

Best regards
	Andreas
Andreas Tscharner                                  starfire at sunrise.ch