[cvsnt] Run Eclipse formatter on check in

Alexey Panchenko alex.panchenko at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 04:31:35 GMT 2008

On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 8:00 AM, Nick Radov <nradov at axolotl.com> wrote:

> We would like to have CVSNT automatically run the Eclipse formatter
> application every time a Java source code file is checked in. I'm not sure
> where to even start. Could someone possibly point me in the right
> direction?
>
> http://help.eclipse.org/help33/topic/org.eclipse.jdt.doc.user/tasks/tasks-231.htm

If you using Eclipse anyway why do you want to format on server?
That way you will have different content in the workspace and on the server
and that is not always ok.

Instead you can configure eclipse to format the file on save:
http://help.eclipse.org/help33/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.jdt.doc.user/reference/preferences/java/editor/ref-preferences-save-actions.htm

Alex