[cvsnt] Bug in CVSNT handling binary files?

Tilo Riemer triemer at vision-experts.com
Tue Mar 11 09:13:11 GMT 2008

Hello,

we use CVSNT on a Linux server (V. 2.5.03 B 2382) and CVSNT clients (the
same version) together with CrossVC XXL. The used protocol is sserver.

We have the following problem:
Binary files are marked as binaries (of course).
If we merge two branches it seems that CVSNT tries to merge (also
unchanged) binary files causing the corruption of these files. That's
annoying.
The more important problem is the results of the status and diff command
provided by CVSNT. They tell me that the local version of the corrupted
file has no differences to the version on the server. I guess CVSNT
converts the linefeeds for the diff command. The status command says the
files would be up to date.
This behavior is a desaster. We don't know if files are corrupted or not
after calling "cvs status" or "cvs update". Only removing of the local
copies and updating of them helps.

As a first workaround I added the following lines to cvswrappers:

*.exe -m 'COPY'
*.dll -m 'COPY'
and so on.

But it did not solve our problem.

Is it a configuration issue or a bug in CVSNT?

I have used other versions of CVSNT already (for other projects) and CVSNT
worked as expected. Also the original CVS works in the right way.

Best regards,
Tilo Riemer

--
Tilo Riemer