[cvsnt] Unable to commit

Ryan nospam at nospam.net
Wed Mar 12 04:50:45 GMT 2008

Arthur,

An old user works on all computers, both old and new.  New users don't
work on either. The CVSROOT for a working user and non-working user is
the same:

CVSROOT=:sspi:cvs.mydomain.com:/cvsroot/repo1

Both working and non-working users can perform checkouts.  Non-working
users just can't commit anything. I ran cvsdiag on both old and new
boxes and while logged in as both old and new users.  Everything looked
okay; no reported errors.

I just realized that the error message I'm getting from the cvs on the
client-side also references this strange filename ",Login.cs,".  Here is
a copy of my exact error:

 >cvs commit -m "" Login.cs
Checking in Login.cs;
/cvsroot/repo1/module1/source/VA.MM.Web.Controls/Login/Login.cs,v
   <--  Login.cs
cvs [server aborted]: could not open lock file
`/cvsroot/repo1/module1/source/VA.MM.Web.Controls/Login/,Login.cs,':
Permission denied

Why is CVS adding a "," prefix to the filename?  I tried this from a
brand new box, joined it to the domain, then logged on as working user
and non-working user.  Same results.

I don't understand how this is even happening.  Are you sure there's not
some code similar to what you suggested? :)

-Ryan