[cvsnt] Unable to commit

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Wed Mar 12 06:52:21 GMT 2008

Ryan,

> CVSROOT=:sspi:cvs.mydomain.com:/cvsroot/repo1

Try the following from outside any sandbox, eg: c:\ - I've numbered each
command in case the e-mail comes out with odd linebreaks:
1.
cvs -d :sspi:cvs.mydomain.com:/cvsroot/repo1 logout
2.
cvs -d :pserver:cvs.mydomain.com:/cvsroot/repo1 login
Password: <use your windows password>
3.
cvs -d :pserver:cvs.mydomain.com:/cvsroot/repo1 co -d test
module1/source/VA.MM.Web.Controls/Login
4.
cd test
5.
cvs ci -f -m "" Login.cs
6.
cvs logoiut

Does that work?

> Why is CVS adding a "," prefix to the filename?

Don't worry about it - it's normal.

> I don't understand how this is even happening.

I think it's time to enable clients are allowed to trace server and get
a trace of a working client and a non working one and compare the
results (use winmerge or something)  when you find the bits that are
different post the excerpt to the newsgroup.

Regards,

Arthur