[cvsnt] Bug in CVSNT handling binary files?

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Wed Mar 12 12:38:30 GMT 2008

Tilo Riemer wrote:
> Thanks for your help. The option -k-v seems to work.
> Unfortunately this behavior of CVSNT breaks the compatibility to the
> original CVS which ignores -kk for binary files.

Unless they've changed it since I last looked at it (which is possible..
I haven't run an old cvs since early 1.12) it doesn't - the -k- and -k+
options were added precisely because of this problem in the original CVS
code - a checkout using -ko would wipe all the -kb settings off the
files, for example, making certain kinds of diff operations rather hard
to execute.