[cvsnt] Bug in CVSNT handling binary files?

Tilo Riemer triemer at vision-experts.com
Wed Mar 12 12:49:15 GMT 2008

Am 12.03.2008, 13:38 Uhr, schrieb Tony Hoyle <tony.hoyle at march-hare.com>:
> Unless they've changed it since I last looked at it (which is possible..
> I haven't run an old cvs since early 1.12) it doesn't - the -k- and -k+
> options were added precisely because of this problem in the original CVS
> code - a checkout using -ko would wipe all the -kb settings off the
> files, for example, making certain kinds of diff operations rather hard
> to execute.

 from http://durak.org/cvswebsites/doc/cvs_66.php:

In CVS version 1.12.2 and later, the keyword expansion mode provided on
the command line to any CVS command no longer overrides the `-kb' keyword
expansion mode setting for binary files, though it will still override
other default keyword expansion modes. You can now safely merge using
`-kk' to avoid spurious conflicts on lines containing RCS keywords, even
when your repository contains binary files.

Best regards,
Tilo Riemer

--
Tilo Riemer