[cvsnt] Run Eclipse formatter on check in

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Mon Mar 24 01:36:46 GMT 2008

Nick Radov wrote:
> It would be unfortunate if there is no way to do that within CVSNT. Oh well,
> we are already considering switching source-code control systems anyway for
> other reasons.

There actually is a couple ways, but it all depends on exactly what it
is you're really trying to accomplish as to the best way to do it.  I'm
not sure I understand all the details (I've only scanned the thread),
but one example: you could use a script postcommand that would update a
sandbox on the server, run the formatter, then commit the modified file
-- however, that would likely be too frequent and could lead to other
workflow problems (pretty much regardless of frequency).

Just make sure that whatever SCM system you're working with, you think
through the update back to the client.

IMHO this would be better implemented from the client side where the
developer can control when the reformatting happens.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett
Technical Account Manager, North America

http://march-hare.com/cvspro/