[cvsnt] Switch to user failed due to configuration error

John den Haan john at NOSPAM.chello.nl
Sun Mar 30 17:09:59 BST 2008

Tony Hoyle schreef:
> Glen Starrett wrote:
>> John den Haan wrote:
>>> Maybe this will help you identify my problem? Maybe there's something
>>> wrong with the process I'm going through?
>>
>> Not sure -- I don't do a whole lot with non-system users, but I do use
>> that during training sessions occasionally.  I seem to recall playing
>> with it a bit, but short of my reproducing your steps I'm out of ideas
>> at the moment.
>
> There should be something in the system audit logs for this error - it
> means that the system as rejected the user switch, which it shouldn't on
> default configurations (LocalSystem has the rights to do it by default).
>  It's possible something in the active directory policy has disabled it
> - that would show up in the logs I expect.
>
> Tony

The logs show nothing. Only when I log in successfully, I get a list of
success-log. No such thing as a failure. I am running on XP SP2 and have
no clue about active directory. I don;t think I installed anything like
that.