[cvsnt] Switch to user failed due to configuration error

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Sun Mar 30 13:53:14 BST 2008

Glen Starrett wrote:
> John den Haan wrote:
>> Maybe this will help you identify my problem? Maybe there's something
>> wrong with the process I'm going through?
>
> Not sure -- I don't do a whole lot with non-system users, but I do use
> that during training sessions occasionally.  I seem to recall playing
> with it a bit, but short of my reproducing your steps I'm out of ideas
> at the moment.

There should be something in the system audit logs for this error - it
means that the system as rejected the user switch, which it shouldn't on
default configurations (LocalSystem has the rights to do it by default).
  It's possible something in the active directory policy has disabled it
- that would show up in the logs I expect.