[cvsnt] Latest Updates - CVSNT 2.5.04 Build 3052 (RC6) and3055(RC7)

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Thu May 8 14:26:41 BST 2008

Arthur Barrett wrote:

>>> 3. You can optionally create a CVSROOT script (postcommit, postcommand)
>>> on the 'slave' to automatically fire off an rsync.
>>
>> Shouldn't that be on the master also (for multiple slaves)?
>
> I found that I often wanted the slave scripts different to the master
> server scripts.  If they are identical for your organisation then
> certainly you can.

It seems there was a misunderstanding. I was asking whether a script on the
master shouldn't trigger a sync with all the slaves in case something is
committed there, so that all slaves are updated -- rather than a script on
the slave triggering a sync, which would only update a specific slave when
there is a commit on its end, but not when there is a commit to another
slave?

Gerhard