[cvsnt] Problem branching, then error on commit in CVSNT

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sat May 10 19:22:32 BST 2008

On Sat, 10 May 2008 14:01:52 -0400, "Andrew Cushen"
<andrew at cushen.com> wrote:

>Arthur-
>
>> Please ask your questions on the newsgroup.
>
>Yes, sorry about that; I did a "Respond" to the e-mail you sent to me
>directly, and I forgot to cc. to the mailing list.

This mail_list/Newsgroup is setup such that if you use the mail
interface (which I don't, I use the news interface) then you *have* to
mail list to get it right. The defaut behaviour of these messages is
that a reply goes *only* to the writer of the last comment.
I think it is set up like this to reduce the spamming of the list, but
you have to treat it correctly when using the mail interface.
I advice that you switch over to exclusively use the news interface
instead.

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)