[cvsnt] GUI shells fro CVSNT clients?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri May 16 21:30:14 BST 2008

On Fri, 16 May 2008 22:04:59 +1000, "Arthur Barrett"
<arthur.barrett at march-hare.com> wrote:

>Hi Bo,
>
>> Lately I have noted next to no activity in the CVSGui area,
>> specifically
>> no new versions for a long time.
>> Does anyone here know the state of the CVSGui project? Is it
>> abandoned/frozen or what?
>
>Probably a question to ask the CVSGUI newsgroup?

Well,
1) There seems to be almost no activity there. And it is certainly not
mirrored by the cvsnt newsserver anymore, which used to be my *only*
interface to that list...

2) I am really looking for a newer GUI when WinCvs lags behind...

>> I am missing support for certain CVSNT specific operations
>> that one now
>> must figure out how to do on the command line and it makes it hard to
>> use them.
>> For example changing the file handling (text-binary-reserved-...) and
>> renaming files and similar new features of CVSNT are not
>> exposed in the
>> WinCvs GUI.
>>
>> So what is the deal here concerning the recommended GUI:s?
>> Is there a WinCvs replacement available that handles these
>> new features
>> and is in active development?
>
>CVSNT 2.5.03 client package includes a 'free edition' of our
>'workspacemanager' which is certainly what March Hare are concentrating
>our efforts on.  It uses the tortoiseact.exe for the client dialogs and
>already supports things like setting acl's, change sets etc - but not
>manually converting files to different workflows (which I consider more
>something to set on the server).

I have not looked at Workspacemanager at all, but I had a look at
Tortoise a few years back and decided I wanted to keep my Explorer
clean...

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)