[cvsnt] import statement just hangs

Tilo Riemer triemer at vision-experts.com
Wed May 28 10:23:18 BST 2008

Hi,

Am 28.05.2008, 00:44 Uhr, schrieb Tony Hoyle <tony.hoyle at march-hare.com>:

> siegfried wrote:
>
>> Incidently, when I do cvs --help import I see the second parameter is
>> vendor tag. What is the vendor tag?

The vendor tag is used to identify a vendor import. You can perform more
than one import. A second import would increase the revision number of
affected files to 1.1.1.2 (usually). The vendor tag would be used as
branch tag.

>> And what is the release tag? I think the release tag shows up when you
>> do a branch.

And the release tag marks every import and can be used to extract the
differences between two imports (or what else).

> See the manual for import.  These are for the traditional cvs way of
> doing imports (which still works, but I never really liked it myself).

Tony, is there another way in CVSNT to handle vendor imports?

Best regards,
Tilo Riemer