[cvsnt] 2.5.04.3125 (RC8) Very slow to start processing!

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Sat Nov 1 09:57:15 GMT 2008

Hi Bo,

> >I would normally have SSPI enabled but as I was testing using the
> >'local' protocol I disabled everything I shouldn't need in
> an attempt to
> >limit what could be causing the problem.
> >

> Just came in here and saw this statement. I just *have* to react!
>
> If you are using the "local" protocol from the client then you are
> effectively *bypassing* the server

Yes the thread originally started off as a bug report on SSPI though, so
even though by this point we were testing with local I was still
thinking about the original problem.  Also local was working fine until
the network cable was plugged in...

> In my view local should not ever be used and should really be removed
> from the cvs client totally

I agree, and in CVSNT 2.5.05 windows builds it will be disabled by
default, as indeed will ext.  Both ext and local are required on
linux/unix/mac for reasons I'm too tired to go into.

Regards,

Arthur