[cvsnt] CVS Server Side Reporting Tools?

Torsten Martinsen bullestock at bullestock.net
Sun Nov 9 14:56:33 GMT 2008

Bo Berglund wrote:
> I have not converted any of the functionality to MSSQL yet because I
> need first to understand what the Oracle syntax does (never used
> Oracle). Queries below.
>

> qrSessionIdSessao.SQL.Text:
> 'SELECT SEQ_ID_SESSIONLOG.CURRVAL AS ID FROM DUAL'

DUAL is a special Oracle 'pseudotable' that always contains exactly one
row - therefore, the statement above simply returns the value of
SEQ_ID_SESSIONLOG.CURRVAL. Here, SEQ_ID_SESSIONLOG is a 'sequence' (i.e.
what is known as a 'generator' in Firebird). AFAIK, MS SQL and MySQL do
not support sequences, but use other approaches for generating unique
table IDs.
> I am not familiar with the : notation, but I assume it is just a
> placeholder for call argumants, same as @ would be used for MSSQL
> procedures, right?
Yes.

-Torsten