[cvsnt] Betr.: Re: Betr.: Re: March-Hare message into my commitmessages

Andy Southby asouthby at drumgrange.co.uk
Mon Nov 10 09:19:57 GMT 2008

All,

I have to agree with posters on both sides of the discussion.

The ebook is invaluable and have to admit that I bought a personal copy
of the last release just to get the ebook. I'm not getting paid to say
this either but a free copy of the 2008 version would be nice ;-)

I understand the need to advertise but have already had it mentioned by
developers that having this in every commit is placing more in many of
our repository files than the change comment it's self. Unfortunately I
can't come up with a better suggestion as to where it could go. But the
people making the decisions as to purchasing the tool don't see the
comments and a number of developers here believe I should have selected
SVN when I put a CM system in place. I continue to be hopeful that when
they have used it for a while they will see the benefits of support but
this has re invigorated the SVN lobby. :(

I hope that now CVSNT has gone live the resistance to change to another
tool will subside as it will be seen as easier to continue than change.

Regards,
Andy.