[cvsnt] CVS Server Side Reporting Tools?

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Mon Nov 17 01:48:33 GMT 2008

Bo/Tony,

> Nice idea but those functions aren't exported.. in fact
.
.
.
> you can do it
> manually starting with get_plugin_interface in audit.dll -
> something like:
>
> plugin_interface *p = get_plugin_interface();
> p->init(p);
> trigger_interface *t = p->get_interface(p, pitTrigger, NULL);
>
> Then you call as before:
>
> t->init(NULL, "commit", "2000-11-01 10:42:15", "localhost", "fred",
> "/cvsrepo", "d:\cvsrepo", "000001234", NULL, 0, NULL, NULL,
> '2.5.04', NULL);
> t->pretag(NULL, "", "/module/directory", 2,
> {"file1.txt","file2.txt"},
> {"1.2","1.3"}, 'T', "", "Rel_1_2_0");
>
> And to close down:
>
> t->close(t);
> p->destroy(p)

You are right (of course) but I was trying to avoid the need for
pointers to functions.

The beauty of the Microsoft Win32 'C' API is that it avoids all
constructs that are difficult to handle in Basic/Cobol/Pascal/RPG - so
it specifically avoids pointers to functions (except for the basic case
of a callback - and most functions are available without the 'Ex' suffix
so avoiding callbacks altogether).  Annoyingly the Win32 API does often
require structures which are time consuming to get right in other
languages but usually can be handled (with effort).

I've threatened for years to write a 'C' layer on top of the existing
API (meaning a laywe without the need for pointers to functions and
structures), and I've only avoided it because noone was really showing
any interest in using the API.  If I wasn't so busy right now with EVS
(and Suite and CVSNT) I'd spend a couple of days on it right now so that
Bo has something to work with.

I'll try and find at least a few hours work on it next week and get it
into the next 2.5.05 test build.

Regards,

Arthur