[cvsnt] CVS Server Side Reporting Tools?

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Mon Nov 17 02:55:47 GMT 2008

Arthur Barrett wrote:

> I've threatened for years to write a 'C' layer on top of the existing
> API (meaning a laywe without the need for pointers to functions and
> structures), and I've only avoided it because noone was really showing
> any interest in using the API.  If I wasn't so busy right now with EVS
> (and Suite and CVSNT) I'd spend a couple of days on it right now so that
> Bo has something to work with.

It's a lot more than a couple of days work..  most of the API is C++ and
  has all sorts of dependencies.

You would be better off with a COM API which would work with anything,
at least on Win32.  I tried to get swig (www.swig.org) to work but it
doesn't support enough of C++ to use our headers unmodified (that was
some months ago though, and I tried it on evs which is a much more
complex API).