[cvsnt] gentoo ebuild for CVSNT 2.5.04 Build 3236

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Mon Nov 24 07:42:45 GMT 2008

On Nov 24, 2008, at 01:28, Arthur Barrett wrote:

> David,
>
>> Unlike some of my previous ebuilds, this one, hopefully, won't throw
>> up any QA warnings or complaints about libxml2 .
>
> We've been working with Andreas at trying to incorporate the Debian
> patches directly into CVSNT.  If you are finding that you need
> specific
> build files or patches in CVSNT please post them onto cvsnt-dev and so
> we can do the same.

FYI, the QA warnings were something raised by the gentoo ebuild
system... I finally applied the right voodoo in the ebuild to fix this
problem.

The main hiccup that I came across was with libxml2 (missing makefile
during make?)... I got around this by ensuring that libxml2 2.7.2 was
installed in the system instead of using the libxml2 that came with
cvsnt.

BTW, I did try configure with '--with-internal-libxml' and it threw
the same error during make.

I haven't had any time to do real testing with this release...
essentially, the ebuild now successfully compiles and installs the
package... whether it actually works past that stage is a different
matter ;-)

Regards,

David Somers
typographer/programmer/whatever