[cvsnt] Excessive delay before every command

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Sun Nov 30 21:53:23 GMT 2008

John,

FAQ:
http://www.march-hare.com/cvspro/faq/faq2.asp#2z

> Generally, everything works fine.  However, some users always
> experience a 30 - 60 second delay before any CVS command executes.

Read this thread all the way through to the end.  It contains
instructions how to diagnose the problem and also the most common reason
for the cause (DNS problems with verifying the signature on the EXE and
DLLs):
http://www.cvsnt.org/pipermail/cvsnt/2008-October/031355.html

> Q2: Is it safe to upgrade cvsnt independently of the WinCVS packaged
> version?

Yes.

> Q3: Is a free version of cvsnt still vailable?

CVSNT is licensed under the GPL - that means we give you certain
freedoms, including the freedom to view and modify and re-distribute the
source code.  Far from being 'free' according to this analysis CVSNT
costs around $9,883,471:
http://www.ohloh.net/projects/cvsnt

If you use CVSNT as a part of a wage earning job or in a way that causes
you to earn money then please purchase a copy of CVS Suite to assist
with the project.
http://march-hare.com/cvsnt/

Regards,

Arthur Barrett