[cvsnt] Unable to access a renamed filed

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Wed Sep 3 20:25:03 BST 2008

Alastair,

> I have tried this again and it still
> fails for me, but it is linked to the
> cvsroot environment variable you
> mention below. When cvsroot is
> set to "C:\CVSROOT" or
> ":local:C:\CVSROOT" it fails but it
> works when it is set to
> ":sspi:localhost:/CVSROOT".

If it fails with :local: it's very very low priority.  Do not use :local: (I've previously told the TortoiseCVS developers that I personally do not think it should even be supported in TCVS).

Changing CVSROOT environment variable will not fix this in existing sandboxes, you'll need to check them out again or use the hack of modifying the CVS/Root file in each directory and sub-directory.

> Since I have only renamed one
> file, is it possible of hack the
> repository to permanently change
> the file name?

Yes - this is the 'old' way.  If this is the only renamed file just delete the .directory_history,v before renaming the ,v file.

Regards,

Arthur