[cvsnt] Unable to access a renamed filed

Kerry, Richard richard.kerry at siemens.com
Fri Sep 5 12:41:12 BST 2008

The way that I know that keeps the old history but gives history for the
new file too is as follows.

1.
Copy 'oldname,v' to 'newname,v' in the repository  (note copy, not move)

2.
Cvs remove 'oldname' using a client.

Copying the original file in the repository means that it remains
available under its old name, keeping its history there.

Helpfully,
Maybe,
Richard.