[cvsnt] Betr.: CVSNT to CVS

Andreas Krey a.krey at gmx.de
Wed Apr 8 23:28:01 BST 2009

On Wed, 08 Apr 2009 20:32:17 +0000, Tony Hoyle wrote:
> btw.  As it's late, I'd like to go on record by saying that I think git
> is a good thing - I can pull down an opensource project, fix bugs, post
> on the forum and anyone that wants to can get my fixes/improve them
> without waiting for the original author to get around to releasing a new
> version - so you end up with a truly open development system.

Ok, then we are in violent agreement, and I can step from the soap box. :-)

> There's even a good case for putting the cvsnt repository in git (which
> would be somewhat ironic), as it would benefit from this kind of
> collaboration.

I also thought that git would make a good tool to version control
the hook scripts that svn uses. :-) The 'problem' is that starting
version control via git is so dead easy that you consider it in
places you previously didn't even think about it. Even if you
are working alone on something, just to be able to move it
easily between a few machines makes it worth the (little) while.

Andreas