[cvsnt] cvsnt server assertion: pos+len<=file1.size()

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Fri Apr 17 02:56:12 BST 2009

Arthur Barrett wrote:
> We've got a LOT of commercial customers on 2.5.03 so I'd be surprised if
> that caused it - but of course perhaps it's a bug caused by a dependant
> library or you started out prior to build 2382.

Thinking out loud here...

We've got a lot of non-commercial users on 2.5.03 also, and between the
two I'd be shocked if this was a problem in 2.5.03 and not noticed yet.
  When it did happen in 2.5.01 it was noticed (and fixed) very quickly.

So, that leaves either a very deep corner case or mistaken version
identity.  If the commit date was prior to 2.5.03's release then that's
obvious, but not knowing how long it took to get the server upgraded
would also leave some grey time span after it's release.

Andreas, is there anything in the log that would indicate anything
unusual about the sequence of add / commit / etc.?  What version is that
file on now, and do you have a known good copy of the 1.1 version
somewhere that you can attempt to retest the add/commit/update cycle
against 2.5.03 with?

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett
Technical Account Manager, North America