[cvsnt] cvsnt server assertion: pos+len<=file1.size()

Andreas Tscharner andy at vis.ethz.ch
Fri Apr 17 07:20:43 BST 2009

On 17.04.2009 03:56, Glen Starrett wrote:
> Thinking out loud here...
>
> We've got a lot of non-commercial users on 2.5.03 also, and between the
> two I'd be shocked if this was a problem in 2.5.03 and not noticed yet.
> When it did happen in 2.5.01 it was noticed (and fixed) very quickly.
>
> So, that leaves either a very deep corner case or mistaken version
> identity. If the commit date was prior to 2.5.03's release then that's
> obvious, but not knowing how long it took to get the server upgraded
> would also leave some grey time span after it's release.

One thing I forgot to mention and it seems important:
The file and all its revisions were created on Windows and the error
happened on my Linux system. I copied all repository files from Windows
to Linux (using an USB memory stick).
On Windows I get the following:

J:\QUARTIS\_dev\doc>cvs -d :sspi:srv-cvs:/MasterCm4 checkout -N -P -r1.1
-- QUARTIS/_dev/doc/Doc-O-Matic4.zip
cvs server: warning: new-born QUARTIS/_dev/doc/Doc-O-Matic4.zip has
disappeared

> Andreas, is there anything in the log that would indicate anything
> unusual about the sequence of add / commit / etc.? What version is that
> file on now, and do you have a known good copy of the 1.1 version
> somewhere that you can attempt to retest the add/commit/update cycle
> against 2.5.03 with?

No, the log shows nothing unusual.
The current revision is 1.11 and with the last revision the state went
to dead.
About the good copy:
J:\QUARTIS\_dev\doc>cvs update -r1.1 Doc-O-Matic4.zip
U Doc-O-Matic4.zip

The zip is readable and everything seems to be OK with it...

I suppose it's either the move from Windows to Linux or the cvs checkout
command

Best regards
	Andreas
--