[cvsnt] getting the connection working

Mike Kay mikekay at channelk.ca
Tue Mar 24 13:39:05 GMT 2009

Greetings and salutations. Please forgive my lack of knowledge - this is
the first CVS server I have setup and I definitely have a lot to learn. I
am in a Windows environment....I hope this is the correct place to post -
as I am unsure where the problem exists.

Here's where I am at.

I have CVSNT installed on a Server 2003 box. Version is 2.5.04(Zen)Build
3236.

I am using WinSSHD for an ssl connection. I have port 22 open on the
firewall and have port forwarding to the default CVSNT port.

I have a repository defined.

This version of CVSNT is from March-Hare. I did a default install, and it
SEEMS to be working.

I can FTP files to the server - but cannot connect a CVS client. I have
tried WinCVS and Tortise SVN. The connection just hangs. I am not sure
here - but in my research it appears that I need an SSL client to go with
the CVS client? This is what I'm not sure of.

Questions:
Is there any other information you require to be able to help?

I have server software, client software, SSH - what other dependencies are
there to get a CVS system working?

Any help or advice would be most appreciated.

Thank you.