[cvsnt] Question regarding CVSROOT path corruption

Mark Cwirko cwirkom at comcast.net
Fri May 29 21:09:37 BST 2009

I installed CVS Suite v2.5.04.3236 this morning, and when trying to run any
command line options I get the following error:

>cvs version
cvs [version aborted]: c:\Program Files\CVS Suite\CVSNT Tools/CVSROOT: No
such file or directory

CVSROOT=c:\Program Files\CVS Suite\CVSNT Tools

I'm running this on Windows Vista.

It looks like something in CVS is trying to append the "/CVSROOT" to the end
of the CVSROOT path, but can't figure out where or why it is trying to do
this.

Thank you for any light you can shed on this issue.

Mark