[cvsnt] Workaround for 260 char limitation?

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.com
Wed Nov 11 09:29:18 GMT 2009

>I'd be very interested to know in 'real world' cases how widespread this
>issue is and in particular:
>1. is there a particular toolchain more likely to create this (eg:
>Eclipse/Java)
>2. is this more common as a client or server issue (anecdotal evidence
>indicates it's more often a client issue)

People who are putting their sandboxes into "My Documents" are likely
to see longer paths...

"My Documents" on this machine translates to the real path:
"C:\Documents and Settings\bob\My Documents" so it adds an extra 30 chars
on top of the "My Documents" specifier. With longer user names it is more.

--
Bo B