[cvsnt] Betr.: Re: CVS doubt

Jan Keirse jan.keirse at tvh.be
Fri Mar 5 14:35:33 GMT 2010

cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org schreef op 05/03/2010 15:07:00:

> Dear pdfeeny,
>
>  > > From: Peter.Navaraj at tsts.in
>  > >
>  > > Cvs -d import temp
>  > >      - is not working.
>  >
>  > From: pdfeeny at aep.com
>  >
>  > Try using cvs import.
>
> Uhm....I'm confused.
>
> Isn't that what he said he tried and it didn't work?
>
> Or are you saying he should use the IMPORT command with no options
> or parameters?

I believe he was saying that he needed the cvs import command so Peter
would know he had to look at the manual for the cvs import command, not
for the add command.
I think the best thing Peter can do is read the entire manual before
anything else. If as an administrator you don't understand how CVS works
you're bound to run into problems. The eBook you get when you purchase a
copy would be even better. Even if we tell him the exact command he needs
to type to create a repository he'd still be nowhere.

Kind Regards,

JAN KEIRSE
ICT-DEPARTMENT
Software quality & Systems: Software Engineer

**** DISCLAIMER ****

http://www.tvh.com/newen2/emaildisclaimer/default.html

"This message is delivered to all addressees subject to the conditions
set forth in the attached disclaimer, which is an integral part of this
message."