[evs] Current status - update

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Wed Oct 25 01:07:30 BST 2006

Sorry for being a bit quiet... too longer than I thought to get to grips
with the code.

The good news is everything seems to work fine - it's much more stable
than the last 2.6 release now.

Todo before I get a test release out there:

* Currently extended character translation doesn't seem to be working
properly in client/server.  Think this is a trivial fix once I find the
problem.
* XML parsing is quite a significant speed hit.. lots can be done to
improve this & I need to spend a day on it.