[evs] Current status

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Fri Jan 12 01:15:44 GMT 2007

Thanks Kelly,

> FYI, I've got a patch out for review on cvs 1.12 and 1.11

Do you have a link to that?

A "fast tag" in EVS would make branching more-or-less "instant", ie: not a
"progressive improvement" on the existing scheme since it would move the
information from the RCS file to the database.

As Tony has pointed out this is a little more difficult with branches, but
not discarded yet.

Any "progressive improvement" made in CVS 1.12 could probably be ported to
CVSNT and EVS easil enough so I'd like to keep an eye on that too....

Regards,

Arthur