[evs] Current status

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Sun Jan 14 13:09:39 GMT 2007

Kelly F. Hickel wrote:
> Then it should work as is.   You could improve it by an unknown
> percentage by removing the list and just returning the highest candidate
> revision number.  (or not, it's 90% faster as it is, so what's another
> few percent? ;> )

Well you're avoiding memory allocation, which is one of the slowest
operations... it'd be more than a few percent I'd expect.

I assume you're just taking out the inneficiency of RCS_magicrev (which
could clearly work better the other way around - do the walklist and
have it return a candidate branch, then test for the physical revision..
99% of the time you'd only have to go through a single iteration).