[evs] Branching on commit, merge documentation

Tharen D. Debold tharen at techatl.com
Thu Sep 6 13:25:12 BST 2007

We use double j merges often here; I guess it depends on your workflow.
Developers mostly commit to the HEAD; upcoming releases have their own
branch.  QA doesn't want all changes, just some of those changes.

Not that I'm requesting these features; however I will mention that
every time I do the "double j merge", the checkin comment says something
like "Merged change from HEAD that does xxx" (or better, the actual
comment from the HEAD checkin).

Tharen