[evs] Branching on commit, merge documentation

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Thu Sep 6 23:00:05 BST 2007

> We use double j merges often here; I guess
> it depends on your workflow.  Developers
> mostly commit to the HEAD; upcoming
> releases have their own branch.  QA
> doesn't want all changes, just some of those changes.

But you can do all of that with a single j merge and a change set number -
that's why they are there.

In my understanding a double j merge just means you are telling cvsnt NOT to
record the merge...

I don't know of a reason why a double j merge couldn't record the
mergepoint, I don't think anyone ever thought anyone used double j merges
anymore (there is certainly no need to).

Regards,

Arthur