[evs] Branching on commit, merge documentation

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Fri Sep 14 15:19:16 BST 2007

Gerhard Fiedler wrote:
> That's a feature that probably could make a number of branches unnecessary.
> Wouldn't the 'goahead' be that all editors remove their edit flag? I think
> this feature requires an option for commit to not automatically unedit the
> file, so that it remains edited until it's unedited on purpose.

The group may choose to publish intermediate steps, or the decision to
publish may be down to a project leader or similar - waiting for
everyone to unedit trusts human nature a bit much IMO... however it
would automatically publish once the last user has unedited (so the
single user edit/unedit thing would work pretty transparently).

In that kind of edit scenario the default would be to leave the edit
active after commit, since you're assuming support for multiple
revisions per edit.