[evs] Does EVS remove some of CVS limitations?

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Fri Feb 8 03:51:03 GMT 2008

Eric,

> Very Cool!  Thanks for pointing that out!  To be honest with you, only the
> default plugins are enabled.  Without being able to find documentation for
> the others, I have never really paid much attention to them.  Is there
> more documentation somewhere that better describes all the plugins that
> are shipped with CVSNT?

I think Bo or Gerhard wrote something about Audit - ask on the CVSNT
newsgroup. The standard manual discusses things like the e-mail plugin and
checkout plugin pretty well.

> back into a string (bugnumstr).  Am I missing something there?  Is there a
> reason somewhere else in the code that requires it to be a parsable int?

As I said - I am sure there is a reason - I just cant seem to find it (at
least not in commit.cpp), I suspect it's in audit...

> piece of software one choses to use.  Given that there is a big
> web-component end to EVS, does it support any form of webservices for
> communication between different applications?

Web services is for connecting different unrelated web apps - that doesn't
apply to EVS, it's one (err.. two?) app that run on one machine.

I suppose in theory we could provide web api's for everything from the bug
tracker to browsing version to commit logs, but there is no plans to do that
in EVSr1 (Tony and I have got enough to do already).

Regards,

Arthur