[evs] Problem initialising database

Colin Fraser cfraser at levelfour.com
Fri Apr 17 16:34:28 BST 2009

Hi,

I've been trying to install the trial of EVS to evaluate it but I can't get
the DB to initialise when I go through Express Setup.

I'm running Win 2003 server with SQL Server 2005 Express installed and EVS
build 3292.

I get the following message at the foot of the webpage:

Repository initialisation failed : No error: Database error: Unable to
create database: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server:
[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Invalid Instance()).]Invalid connection. at
.VirtualFs.cpp:490 at .FileInfoFile.cpp:1568 : no error

Error appears to be something to do with the SQL server instance name.  How
does EVS pick up the SQL server details?  I can't find an obvious config
file that would need to be changed to set the connection string etc.

Regards,

Colin