[evs] Problem initialising database

Colin Fraser cfraser at levelfour.com
Fri Apr 17 17:36:58 BST 2009

OK,  I posted too soon and have found a solution myself :)

There is an option during the SQL Server installation that defaults to
installing a named instance (rather than a default instance) of the db
engine.  Annoyingly there doesn't seem to be any way to change this after
it's installed so I removed and reinstalled SQL Server, this time selecting
the 'default instance' option and it works fine.

Might be something that needs to be allowed for in the EVS install process I
guess.  Another small improvement would be a message saying 'success' when
the initialisation finished as the web page just navigated back to the home
page and I wasn't sure if it had worked or not.

Colin

news:gsa7i5$lkd$1 at paris.nodomain.org...