[cvsnt-dev] Re: building + status/release woes

David Somers dsomers at trevezel.com
Sun Aug 1 14:36:16 BST 2004

> > I've changed some of the behaviour of release. If the file is not
> > up-to-date, it now displays (unless -q/-Q is specified) a quick status
> > message (so you can see just what files have been altered).
> Please note that
>
> It can't know that without running on the server - you'd need to write a
> whole client/server release mechanism to handle that kind of status.
>
> The current behaviour is good enough (can't change it too much anyway as
> frontends rely on its output).  If modifying the switch statement works
> then that's the way to solve it...  we only need a count of modified
> files and exactly how we get that doesn't really matter.

ok. in that patch I sent you, just remove (or better yet #if 0/#endif) the
block

if (!quiet && status!=T_REMOVE_ENTRY && status!=T_UPTODATE)
{
}

Or alternatively, how about adding a new command line flag so that more
verbose info can be shown? I think its quite useful to be able to run
release and see what files it says are anything but up-to-date.

The rest can stay (its nice to have the trace output so you can see what the
heck is going on).

I guess you'll also want to zap that small change so "You have [%d] altered
files" does says 'file' when there is only 1 modified file :(

Cheers,

David