[cvsnt-dev] Re: Next build issue on Solaris

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Feb 11 14:21:15 GMT 2005

Richard Wirth wrote:
> There is nothing mutch to do with configure, but try to ommit absolute
> pathnames when testing for existance of include files.

The one for howl is for debian only, and their package is horribly
broken - you simply can't use the one as shipped... I had to make my own
package even with that fix.

> TH> AFAIK it would have to be a static build (which doesn't currently work).
>
> Why? Even the older Solaris versions support shared libraries. So it
> should work on old platforms as well...

I read somewhere that shared libraries don't work with cross compilers -
which makes sense since you can't set the paths correctly as you're not
on the target system.