[cvsnt-dev] Need help about linux server

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Sun Jun 4 09:23:27 UTC 2006

Olivier Booklage wrote:
> We use CVSNT (server) since 5 years on win2000, winxp and now win server
> 2003, but we have a project to
> use only linux for serv. If anybody have  experimented the installation
> and usage of CVSNT on linux
> plateform, please can you tell me wich distribution exactely is best ( I
> can read  Red Hat v4 on web site but...).
> thank you for your help and sorry for my english. OB.

I have my main cvsnt repository on a gentoo system; other people use RH, FC,
Mandriva. It is very hard to say which distribution is 'best' as it depends
on what your need are, how much support you require (where community or
commercial), etc.

My own experience and that of a few other people I work with is that you
will have to spend some time installing different distributions until you
find the one you are most comfortable with. Fortunately, these days with
server virtualization (e.g. http://www.vmware.com or http://openvz.org) its
easy to try out different OSs on the same machine.

Greetings from Luxembourg

--
David Somers
PGP Key = 7E613D4E