[cvsnt-dev] Help using a manual build of cvs

Eric B. ebenze at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 26 21:29:32 BST 2009

Hi,

I've been trying to see if I could make some patches to help improve CVS 2.5.04 Build 3236.  I figured starting from a known functional point would be a good place to start.  So I downloaded CVS 2.5.04 Build 3236 from the marche-hare.com
website and
installed it on my server.  Everything works fine.

In the
meantime, I have downloaded the sources for CVS tagged
CVSNT_2_5_04_3236,
which I assume is the tag that is associated with the
above build.  However,
when I build the project in Visual Studio 2003 in
Release Mode, the cvs.exe
file that is produced is of smaller size than the
one that is currently
installed.  After some more investigation, it seems as
though MarchHare
signs all the files prior to making them publicly
available.

Is there
any way to recompile the cvs executable, replace the original one
with it,
with signing it with the March Hare keys?

Otherwise, how do I proceed in
modifying it so that I can use it?  How do I test out my changes?  Is there a way to disable signature validation?

Thanks,

Eric