[Cvsnt] moving repository from Unix to Windows 2000

Matthias Mohr MMohr at SysDesign-EDV.de
Wed May 8 19:56:28 BST 2002

> >We have a small CVS repository on a Unix box that we access over a LAN
> >using WinCVS on Windows 2000.  The Unix box is going away.  I need to
> >move the repository to a Windows 2000 server.
> >
> >Can anybody offer me any advice?  Thank you very much in advance.
> >

> Install CVSNT latest version on a W2000 PC.
> Then copy the repository over from the UNIX machine to the W2000 PC.
> Configure the CVSNT service to recognize this repository.
I did this in the past with several repositories.
And yes, it will work for you purpose (Windows-Project)

A minor issue exists if you are using unix-clients, they'll loose the ability to
read and set the file-attributes correct (at least the executable-flag).
As far as I know, you cannot do anything against it, the NTFS-filesystem does not
have executable-flags...

with regards,
Matthias