[cvsnt] 'cvs import' error on -d :local:\\server\share

guenther.grau at ubs.com guenther.grau at ubs.com
Wed Sep 4 14:42:44 BST 2002

Hi,

>>When I use share as root of CVS repository I have the following trouble
>>
>>C:\tmp: cvs -d :local:\\server\share init
>>

>>C:\tmp: cvs -d :local:\\server\share import -I * -m Empty project vendor start
>>cvs [import aborted]: User akorsukov cannot create files in project
>>

>Don't use cvs over network shares.  Set up a server on the remote
>machine and use that.
>
>The root of a network share doesn't work in 57g (since the OS treats
>it as special and causes some of the functions cvsnt uses to fail).

I need to put the repository on a share that is backuped.
I cannot install CVS on the remote server. Therefore I
need to use a network share for the repository.

What are the problems using CVS on a network share,
apart from the one being mentioned above, which can be worked
around?

Thanx in advance,

  Guenther