[cvsnt] newly added users not recognized as valid system user s

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Sep 16 17:55:57 BST 2002

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 15:46:59 GMT, tmh at nodomain.org (Tony Hoyle) wrote:

>>Bo, is this what you meant by your note in step 9 of the
>>installation guide ("Any user entered like this MUST be=20
>>an NT user on the local system!")? When my domain appears
>
>That sounds like an ambiguous comment.  Users on the client are
>largely irrelevant.  The NT user must exist on either the domain the
>CVS server is a member of, or locally on the CVS server, depending on
>the configuration.  Users do not have to exist on the client machine.
>
>Tony

What I meant to say was that the user must be a user on the machine
CVSNT runs on (= local system).
I have also stated in that document that I have no access to a domain
at home, so I have no way checking domain stuff. Hence it will not
help for solving domain related problems.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)