[cvsnt] Re: Upgrade suggestions

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Sep 24 18:01:38 BST 2002

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002 12:44:09 -0400, "P. Dwayne Miller"
<dmiller at espgroup.net> wrote:

>Great!  Do I have to do anything special to move the repository itself
>from one server to another?  Or can I just create a new, empty
>repository on the new server, then copy the old repository over it?

If they're both CVSNT repositories then you only have to copy the
files over, then tell cvs where it is using the control panel.

It should work for Unix repositories, too (For those, you have to be
careful with tar options as winzip can mangle the repository).

>As for the SSPI... where is the protocol itself documented?  I have some
>questions I'd like to research, such as
>   - What type of encryption is used?
>   - Can the server require encryption?  Etc.

Try

http://www.itworld.com/nl/nt2k_sec/05212001/

We currently use NTLM rather than Kerberos, since that's supported
with NT/Win95.  MS don't tell us much about the encryption, other than
it's either 64 or 128 bit depending on the clients/server settings.

Requiring encryption is one of the things that's added in the
development branch (although that isn't ready for deployment yet).